Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[url=http://www.hurricanesshoponline.com/authentic-t-shirts]Carolina Hurricanes T-Shi
SAN JOSE Chad Johnson Jersey Womens , Calif. (AP) — Evander Kane doesn’t know why he keeps putting up big numbers against the Calgary Flames.Kane had a goal and an assist to help the San Jose Sharks beat the Flames 3-1 Sunday night.The 27-year old forward, in his 10th season with his fourth team, now has 10 goals and six assists in 12 career games against Calgary.“I have no idea,” Kane said. “I’ve played in the (Eastern Conference) a lot of my career, too, we saw those guys twice a season. For some reason, the pucks seem to be going in when we play against these guys.”Joe Pavelski had a goal and two assists, Joonas Donskoi also had a goal and an assist, and Martin Jones stopped 29 shots as the Sharks snapped a two-game skid.Sean Monahan scored and Mike Smith had 26 saves for the Flames Brian Flynn Jersey Womens , who had won five of their previous six.Kane put the Sharks ahead 50 seconds into the game with his sixth of the season. Donskoi scored less than a minute and a half into the second with is fourth.Jones stopped a penalty shot from Sam Bennett with 7:38 left in the third period with Calgary trailing 2-1.“It was frustrating because we played so well,” Bennett said. “It doesn’t feel good not getting the tying goal. I’ll try to think of something else the next time.”Under persistent pressure in the third period, Jones had 14 saves.“Jonesy made some phenomenal saves and you need that, there guy was making phenomenal saves too on high danger chances,” Sharks coach Pete DeBoer said. “Good teams need great goaltending, and he made timely saves for us.”The Sharks were coming off an 0-2 road trip.“Obviously it wasn’t a great road trip for us, so to come back and respond the way we did at home with the big win, that was huge for us,” Jones said.The Flames capitalized on a turnover as Monahan scored a breakaway at 6:02 of the second to make it 2-1. Mark Jankowski assisted Monahan’s goal after taking the puck away from Erik Karlsson.“I thought we generated some good looks in the third Carolina Hurricanes T-Shirts Womens , we just weren’t able to put them in,” Flames defenseman Mark Giordano said. “We didn’t go to the net. They were more committed to putting the puck on the net and forechecking than we were.”Pavelski scored an empty-netter in the final minute.“It feels good to be home,” Pavelski said. “Right from the first ceremony tonight there was good energy in this building, I think the players felt it, and responded well too.”NOTES: Sharks C Logan Couture played in his 600th career game. Couture left the game after falling awkwardly in the third period. DeBoer said his injury status wasn’t immediately known. … San Jose C Tomas Hertl played for the first time since suffering a head injury on Nov. 3. He missed three games. … Sharks D Joakim Ryan was back in the lineup for D Tim Heed, who played his first game on Friday. … The Sharks had given up three or more goals in nine straight games going into Sunday. … Flames D Michael Stone played in place of D Rasmus Anderson. … The Sharks wore camouflage jerseys as part of the team’s Military Appreciation night commemoration.UP NEXTFlames: Open a four-game homestand on Thursday against Montreal.Sharks: Host Nashville on Tuesday. WASHINGTON — Goaltender Braden Holtby and the Washington Capitals will try to cool off Auston Matthews and the Toronto Maple Leafs Saturday night at Capital One Arena.Mathews has nine goals and three assists in five games and the Maple Leafs are off to a 4-1 start.In a 5-3 win at Detroit Thursday night, Matthews scored twice on the power play for the Maple Leafs, who were 2-for-4 with the man-advantage. They’re 7-for-14 with the extra man so far this season.Article continues below ...“We have a lot of guys who can finish on this team, especially when we are on the power play Christian Folin Jersey Womens ,” Toronto center John Tavares told NHL.com. “When I get the puck, I’m just trying to get it to an open player. If that’s (Matthews), it is an automatic goal right now.”Tavares had a career-high four assists against Detroit — giving him 10 points — and Mitchell Marner and Morgan Rielly each had a goal and an assist. Frederik Andersen made 26 saves.Matthews has scored in five straight games and is one game shy of tying Sweeney Schriner’s 74-year-old team record for most consecutive games at the start of a season with at least one goal. He’s recorded multiple points in all five games.Defenseman Rielly has 12 points (three goals, nine assists) in his first five games, the best five-game start by an NHL defenseman in modern history. The previous high was 11 points by Bobby Orr of the Boston Bruins in 1973-74.“I think it’s great for all the guys that are doing some scoring right now,” Leafs coach Mike Babcock told the Toronto Sun. “In the end, though, it’s about winning every night and it doesn’t really matter on our team who does the scoring as long as we score enough to find a way to win. I think the guys have been real good about that.”The last player to record nine goals in the first five games of the season will also be on the ice Saturday night as Washington winger Alex Ovechkin accomplished the feat last season.Ovechkin and company didn’t manage any goals when they suffered their first regulation defeat of the season — 6-0 to the New Jersey Devils Thursday night.Playing the second of back-to-backs, the Stanley Cup champs fell behind early and the Devils poured it on late.“I think it’s going to be like that all season David Perron Jersey Womens ,” Washington’s Lars Eller told NBCSportsWashington.com of the Devils’ all-out effort. “Teams are going to want to beat the champs and show their best. They got a lot of energy going tonight and we didn’t have as much of it.”The Capitals (2-1-1) entered the game having scored a franchise-best 18 goals, the most in their history through the first three games of the season.Back-up goalie Pheonix Copley made 30 saves for the Capitals against New Jersey.“First period especially, he was really good,” Caps defenseman Matt Niskanen told NBCSportsWashington.com. “He didn’t get a very good effort in front of him. He played hard and made some big saves in the first when it was still close. The rest of us got to do better.”Washington opens a three-game homestand against the Maple Leafs, who are finishing a four-game road swing.Holtby is 8-3-1 with a 2.05 goals against average and .934 save percentage versus the Maple Leafs, while Andersen is 3-1-1 with a 2.88 GAA and .909 save percentage against Washington.